>> Mission, Vision, Values and Goals
College of Pharmacy Strategic Vision
The College is guided by strategic planning. Our current plan, entitled Vision 2016 defines the path that the Winkle College of Pharmacy will follow to achieve our Mission. It aligns with the academic master plan of the university.
Vision 2016 includes a statement of our vision, our core values and our strategic goals. We measure and report our progress, with comparisons to our peers, under Institutional Effectiveness link.
The University of Cincinnati, College of Pharmacy will contribute to the health of our community and nation through the development of graduates and faculty who will be leaders in pharmacy practice and the pharmaceutical sciences, and, be widely recognized for our research programs and continuous innovations in education. /p>
Our Vision for 2016: The James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy will be widely recognized as a premier college of pharmacy for the excellence of its academic, research, practice programs and scholarly activity, led by our expert faculty. Our outstanding students, educated in an interprofessional environment, will become leaders in the practice of pharmacy and pharmaceutical research.
Our college will be:
- Led with vision and strategic planning
- Measured by our ability to provide an environment that fosters learning, practice and scholarship
- Proactive in the face of challenges
- Financially viable, entrepreneurial, and growing
- Known for innovation, scholarship, and collaboration
- Committed to meeting the needs of a diverse society
- Dedicated to life-long learning
- Student centered learning
- Collaborative discovery
- Health care improvement
- Strength in diversity
- Real world experience
- Community engagement
- Cultivate relationships with alumni.
- Involve alumni in strategic planning and curricular development efforts.
- Maintain and increase donor support.
- Recruit and retain highly qualified graduate students who have the potential to excel as research scientists.
- Train graduate students to be independent researchers who are competitive candidates for the best positions in academia, industry and government.
- Expand extramural support for graduate training.
- Expand post - doctoral opportunities with an emphasis on training the next generation of academic researchers.
- Achieve optimal time to degree for M.S. and Ph.D. students.
- Be recognized as leaders in providing innovative, team - based healthcare.
- Be nationally recognized for excellence in pharmacy practice.
- Foster faculty who contribute to practice - based research.
- Develop and offer residency and fellowship programs.
- Collaborate with the other academic health center colleges to expand interprofessional education.
- Foster innovation in teaching and learning for continuous curricular quality improvement.
- Collaborate with practice partners to expand and promote new practice models and training opportunities to support a healthy community.
- Meet or exceed the standards for accreditation by ACPE.
- Prepare professional graduates who have a strong foundation in pharmaceutical care, systems management, and public health.
- Develop cultural competency in graduates.
Professional Student Performance
- Recruit qualified, diverse community of professional students.
- Develop professional students and their organizations to garner awards and national recognitions. \
- Employ formative and summati ve assessments to demonstrate achievement of educational outcomes.
- Expand research in the focus areas of biomembrane science, drug development, and health outcomes.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to strengthen and grow the rese arch enterprise.
- Disseminate the results of research in high visibility venues/forums.
- Secure grant funding to grow research activities.
- Foster entrepreneurial activities and commercialization of technologies.
Finance & Planning
- Meet and exceed budgetary targets to ensure long - term financial success.
- Create and grow our financial reserves through gifts and donations.
- Grow college resources through innovative and entrepreneurial activities.
- Maintain facilities to meet the needs of our missio