How to enroll in the BS-MS Program
The various steps students can take to enroll in the BS-MS track are outlined below:
- During the sophomore year, the student, even before they officially enter the track, has the opportunity to get an idea of the scope of the cosmetic science field, potential areas for specialization and various career opportunities from an introductory course titled, “Survey of cosmetic science and technology.” This course will provide an overview of the field including potential opportunities in the cosmetic science area and will help students in making their decision to join the cosmetic science track.
- The student interested in joining the BS-MS track is advised to contact their undergraduate advisor regarding their interest and obtain approval to join the track.
- The full benefits of the BS-MS program can be achieved by enrolling in the track during the junior year. Students will be taking three courses during the junior year. These are: (1) Introduction to colloid, surface and membrane science (spring), (2) Introduction to Surface, Colloid and Membrane Science Lab (1 credit course) and (3) Introduction to the Co-op program. Students should also contact the Office of Experience Based Learning & Career Education – Cooperative Education regarding their Co-op opportunities.
- During the senior year, the students will take the course titled, “Advanced surface, colloid and formulation science” and participate in the Co-op program.
- During the senior year, students should apply for the Online Master of Science in Cosmetic Science at the College of Pharmacy. Even though the students are on this BS-MS track, they will still have to apply for admission into the MS program. Admission to the program will be based on the requirements listed separately.
Admission Requirements for the MS in Cosmetic Science (for students enrolled in the BS-MS Program)
- Applicants must submit transcripts indicating completion of their undergraduate degree in Chemistry or Biology from the College of Arts & Sciences at the University of Cincinnati.
- Students joining the program through the BS-MS track from the University of Cincinnati’s College of Arts and Science do not need to take the GRE for admission into the MS Cosmetic Science program. However, they do need to have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
The online MS program has an ongoing admission process and applications are accepted for any start term (Fall Semester, Spring Semester, or Summer Semester).
Application deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Semester – August 15
- Spring Semester – December 15
- Summer Semester – April 15