The Online Programs in Cosmetic Science
Our online program is designed to meet the needs of students with baccalaureate undergraduate degrees in the sciences who are currently employed in the cosmetic, personal care and chemical industry and wish to advance their careers, or those who are interested in pursuing careers in this field.
- All courses are offered asynchronously over the internet to accommodate the work and travel schedules of those who wish to take courses without distraction from their current employment.
- For students pursuing the Master of Science in Cosmetic Science, a literature-based capstone project is substituted for a research-based thesis and this requires just one visit to Cincinnati for presentation and defense of the capstone project.
- Each student collaborates with the academic advisor to develop a Plan of Study as a framework that outlines their courses for completion.
- Asynchronous learning with discussion forums and state-of-the-art learning management system allows convenience for effective learning.
Our Online Students
- To date, we have domestic and international students integrating their knowledge-based skills through online training to pursue careers in the cosmetic, personal care and chemical industry.
- Our students are highly diverse in age, experience, and ethnic background and include US and non-US citizens and residents.
- Many are already employed within the personal care industry and are using the program to accelerate their learning curves and enhance their career opportunities.
- Others are considering a career change into the personal care industry.