The Pharmacy Leadership Graduate Programs feature a uniquely combined curriculum from the disciplines of Pharmacy, Business, and Health Administration.
They include a combination of courses delivered from:
- James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy
- Lindner College of Business - Master's in Business Administration (MBA)
- College of Allied Health Sciences - Master's in Health Administration (MHA)
Designed for currently employed pharmacists who wish to advance their leadership and management skills in health care roles without the commitment required for a graduate degree.
- The certificate program consists of 5 courses covering 15 semester hours that can be completed in 2 ½ semesters. This timing allows the certificate to be easily combined with a one-year residency program.
- Successful completion requires mastering the 15 semester credit hours of study with an overall GPA of at least 3.0.
- Students who successfully complete this certificate program are eligible to transfer all credits to the non-thesis MS degree in Pharmacy Leadership.
- View example plan of study
Master of Science in Pharmacy Leadership
A more in-depth educational experience for employed pharmacists who desire an advance degree to support their career goals.
- The Master’s consists of 10 courses covering 30 semester hours that can be completed in 5 semesters (less than 2 years).
- Successful completion requires mastering the 30 semester credit hours of study with an overall GPA of at least 3.0.
An Optimal Learning Experience to Advance both your Business and Leadership Skills!
Leadership and Management Principles and Skill Development Exercises are woven into Active Learning content of all courses. To maximize your learning experience, professional growth and development occurs through application of leadership principles with case studies and activities included in every course in the program.
Benefit from learning about health care issues from a variety of perspectives and stakeholders in the health care system.
Classmates and professors will include pharmacists and health care professionals from a variety of practice settings and locations. During the MBA and MHA courses, join students from all types of health professional and business backgrounds to learn about health care administration and health related business issues and apply leadership skills in an interdisciplinary approach.
Receive Transfer Credit for Prior Completion of ASHP’s PLA Program
Students who have completed the ASHP Pharmacy Leadership Academy (PLA) can apply to receive up to 6 credit hours of advanced standing upon enrollment in the program.
View "Developing a Sustainable Pharmacy Leadership Workshop" article in Ohio Pharmacist