Clinical Trials Design & Research: New Drug & Device Development : Online
Why study Clinical Trials Design & Research: New Drug & Device Development : Online?
The Graduate Certificate program in Clinical Trials Design and Research: New Drug and Device Development, offers those individuals already working in the industry with an opportunity to acquire advanced training in clinical research activity as conducted and required by the US Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) and by other regulatory agencies. The Certificate program in Clinical Trials aims to program a global view of the contemporary scientific, regulatory, economic and operational issues pertaining to all phases of clinical trials-starting from early clinical pharmacology to market launch and beyond.
Students who have earned at least an undergraduate degree in chemistry, biology, engineering or related disciplines from an accredited institution are eligible to apply for admission to the certificate program. Similarly, applicants with a completed professional degree such as a PharmD, MD, or DVM meet eligibility requirements. Apply to the Clinical Trials and Research Certificate Program.Programmatic minimum admission criteria include:
- A U.S. bachelors degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an equivalent degree from foreign country.
- A grade-point average (GPA) of at least 3.00 or foreign equivalent.
- If English is not your native language, a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of at least 90 (internet-based) or 235 (computer-based) is required.
Supplemental Application Documents
Consideration for admission requires completion of a University Graduate Application and electronic submission the following documents:
- Statement of Purpose (Why do you plan to pursue a research-intensive PhD degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Cincinnati? What is your desired research focus area within the broad field of Pharmaceutical Sciences?
All college transcripts with evidence of high academic achievement (undergraduate and graduate if applicable; unofficial transcript is sufficient for initial review process).
Unofficial transcripts are sufficient to make offers of admission. However, all official and final transcripts must be received by the Graduate School by 30 days before the start of class enrollment to secure admission offer.
Official transcripts may be submitted with your application and sent to:
University of Cincinnati
110 Van Wormer Circle
Pox Office Box 00627
Cincinnati, Oho 45221-037
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation (applicants are encouraged to seek letters from individuals who can comment on research experience). Letters of recommendation from family, friends, current students, politicians, or clergy are not accepted.
If you are interested in exploring Pharmaceutical Sciences graduate-level courses without formal matriculation, please complete the basic data form.
As such the graduates of the program will be well suited to serve any of the following organizations:
- Companies developing pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical and devices.
- Contract research organizations that participate in conducting clinical trials.
- Contract Laboratories involved in bioanalytical and pathology labs.
- Contract manufacturing facilities such as those involved in pharmaceutical product manufacturing as well as specialized packaging for example the special needs for double-blind trials.
- Academic Health Centers and Research Institutions and community-based research groups.
- Regulatory agencies including institutional review Boards and companies involved in conducting site visits, audits, and compliance investigations.
Student must complete (4) courses and 12 credit hours prior in order to graduate with a certificate in Clinical Trials and Research.
If English is not your native language, a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of at least 90 (internet-based) or 235 (computer-based) is required.
231 Albert Sabin Way
3205 Medical Sciences Building
Cincinnati, OH 45229
Find related programs in the following interest areas:
Program Code: 25GC-CTDR-GC-.CTDR-DL