Pharmacy Leadership : Online
Why study Pharmacy Leadership : Online?
Combining leadership and professional development content in a series of health care business and management courses, the Pharmacy Leadership Graduate program customizes the learning and growth experience. Pharmacist professionals and student pharmacists will be prepared for career advancement in numerous healthcare roles. The program has a uniquely combined curriculum with courses provided by the Winkle College of Pharmacy, Lindner College of Business MBA Program, and College of Allied Health Sciences Masters in Health Administration (MHA) and Masters in Health Informatics (MHI) Programs.
Benefits of Online Learning
Designed for the working pharmacist or student pharmacist, our programs are offered completely online, providing flexibility and convenience, without interference in current employment or personal schedules.
- All courses are conveniently offered completely online – no classrooms or visits to University of Cincinnati are necessary!
- The curriculum is delivered via asynchronous online learning technology that allows coursework to be completed at the times that best fit your work and personal life schedules. Lectures are video-recorded and activities are posted for your review on your own schedule.
- Students can access course information at their convenience, 24 hours a day, and are also provided with opportunities for engaging in online discussions with professors and classmates.
Skills and Knowledge Gained
Students strengthen their leadership skills through courses with active learning experiences in the following areas and more:
- Communicating as a leader
- Developing entrepreneurial and innovative thinking
- Influencing and motivating others – Leading with Passion
- Finding your leadership style
- Conflict management
- Building and leading teams
- Strategic planning and defining measures of success
- Effective implementation
- Cultural competencies
- Advance your leadership and management skills while building your knowledge of the issues facing our health care system and changes in business operations
- You will be prepared for personal career growth in our changing health care system
- Apply valuable leadership and management skills and competencies to personally advance in their workplace
- Engage as leaders in pharmacy’s professional organizations to drive continued advancement of our profession and pharmacists’ roles in health care delivery
- Applicants must meet one of the following criteria
- Proof of BS degree in pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited institution, or
- Proof of a BS degree from an accredited institution AND current enrollment in a Doctor of Pharmacy program AND proof of completion of required Foundational Knowledge coursework
- Minimum 3.0 GPA recommended
- International students only: minimum TOEFL score of >90 (if required)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Application Fee
Students gain skills to become supervisors, managers, and directors in numerous healthcare settings including:
- independent and chain community pharmacies,
- health-system inpatient, outpatient, long-term care, and clinical pharmacies,
- clinical coordinator roles,
- managed care, industry and more.
The IELTS can be taken in place of TOEFL. The minimum required IELTS score is 6.5.
Foreign applicants whose transcripts are not easily read may be asked to submit a full evaluation of transcripts by a U.S. agency.
- Fall Semester - August 15
- Spring Semester - December 15
- Summer Semester - April 15
3255 Eden Avenue
367 Kowalewski Hall
Cincinnati, OH 45229