Minimum GPA and PCAT Requirements
A holistic approach to admissions review is used. To be considered a qualified candidate, applicants should have a strong academic background (as demonstrated by cumulative college GPA and PCAT scores); a demonstrated history of leadership and involvement in community service; strong essays and personal statement. A preferred GPA is a minimum 3.0.
PCAT allows students to take the exam up to five times and the college considers the highest composite.
All official college transcripts and PCAT scores must be submitted directly to PharmCAS from the institution or testing service. Not doing so will delay your PharmCAS application.
Working in a Pharmacy Setting
It is strongly encouraged for students to work in a pharmacy setting or engage in pharmacy shadowing experiences before applying. This will allow students to explore the field of pharmacy to provide a knowledge base of the profession. Previous pharmacy work experience is not a requirement.
Applications accepted after August 1st
Early Decision Application Deadline: September 3rd
Regular Application Deadline: March 2nd
How to Apply
- Complete the PharmCAS Application at www.pharmcas.org
- As part of the PharmCAS application, we require that you submit three letters of recommendation.
- Complete the University of Cincinnati supplemental application online by creating a new login. There is a $65.00 application fee for the University of Cincinnati application.
- Take The Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT). For more information and to register for the PCAT, visit www.pcatweb.info. Score should be submitted directly to PharmCAS.
- Complete (or be in the process of completing) the undergraduate pre-pharmacy curriculum with a “C” or better in all required courses.
Interviews are invitation only. Interviews days are 3.5 hours and will include an information session, student guided tour of the college, a traditional interview, and a series of multiple mini interviews.
University of Cincinnati students who have a 3.5 cumulative college GPA or above (as calculated by PharmCAS) and a score of 70 or better on the PCAT and a “C” or better in core required courses will be guaranteed an interview.
Letters of Recommendation
It is required that you submit three letters of recommendation. Suggested sources of the letters could be your academic instructors, academic advisors, Pharmacists, and employers. Letters of recommendation from politicians, friends, family members, co-workers, current students or clergy will not be accepted.
Status of Application
You can check the status of your PharmCAS application by logging into your PharmCAS application. After the college has received your PharmCAS application, you will receive an e-mail informing you of your application status at UC.