Early Assurance Pathway
The Connections to Pharmacy: Early Assurance Program is a guaranteed pathway to the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree for academically strong high school students as well as current UC students who are planning to pursue a career as a pharmacist.
Students admitted into this unique pathway are given assurance of an interview for the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program at UC, provided they meet all the required criteria for admission and progression.
Students have two opportunities to join this pathway:
- High school seniors applying to UC who meet certain eligibility requirements will be automatically invited to join the pathway.
- Current UC students who meet certain eligibility requirements are invited to apply for admission into the pathway during the annual spring application process.
Eligibility Requirements for High School Seniors
- Minimum 26 ACT or 1230 SAT
- Minimum 3.6 high school GPA
- Select Pre-Pharmacy or Interdisciplinary Pre-Pharmacy as #1 major choice at UC and receive an offer of admission
- High school seniors who meet the above criteria will be contacted directly by the College of Pharmacy and invited to join the pathway.
Eligibility Requirements for Current UC Students
- Must be enrolled in a UC academic program
- Minimum 3.4 cumulative UC GPA
- Completed at least two semesters of full-time coursework at UC, including the following courses:
- Biology I (BIOL 1081) & Biology I lab (BIOL 1081L
- General Chemistry I (CHEM 1040) & General Chemistry I lab (CHEM 1040L)
- General Chemistry II (CHEM 1041) & General Chemistry II lab (CHEM 1041L)
- One of the following:
- Applied Calculus I (MATH 1044)
- Applied Calculus II (MATH 1045)
- Calculus I (MATH 1061)
- Elementary Statistics (STAT 1034)
**AP and/or CCP credit may be used to fulfill these requirements
Current UC Students: How to Apply
Eligible students who meet the above requirements are invited to complete the Early Assurance Pathway application: http://pharmacy.uc.edu/early
Applications are accepted once per year during the spring semester. The current application deadline is May 7, 2021.
Admitted Students Expectations
Students in the Early Assurance Pathway are expected to do the following:
- Enroll in a Pre-Pharmacy Learning Community (First year students only)
- Complete all required pre-pharmacy coursework with a “C” grade or higher
- Actively participate in extracurricular, work and/or volunteer experiences
- Meet with a member of the College of Pharmacy Student Affairs & Admissions staff once per year
At the time of application to the PharmD program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Complete the PharmCAS application and UC supplemental application
- Minimum 3.4 cumulative GPA
- Minimum 3.0 science GPA, as calculated by PharmCAS
- “C” grade or higher in all required pre-pharmacy coursework
- Minimum PCAT score of 40
- Successfully complete the PharmD admissions interview process