The central mission of the Division of Pharmacy Practice is to promote and advance knowledge and skills in professional education, research and scholarship, and pharmacy practice. The division will achieve excellence in the professional education of individuals who, as pharmacists, will be able to meet both present and future health care needs. The Division will provide leadership in the development and implementation of innovative practice models that meet the needs of patients, health care practitioners, and society. It will also strive to provide service to the profession and the community. The Division will contribute to the expansion of professional and scientific knowledge through scholarly accomplishments.
Divisional Goals Academic Professional Educational Goals:
- Provide a balanced outcome-based curriculum consisting of an appropriate mix of didactic lectures, laboratory exercises, small group learning sessions, independent learning lessons, community service, and professional practice experiences, designed to provide state of the art instruction in the practice of pharmacy.
- Use educational methods to develop and assess critical thinking, professional competence, and skills for independent lifelong learning.
- Provide post-graduate training to expand the academic, practice and/or research capabilities and skills of pharmacists through residencies and fellowships.
- Encourage and reward excellence in pedagogy
- Provide high quality continuing education to the professional community.
Research and Scholarship Goals:
- Produce a consistent record of scholarship reflective of faculty members’ responsibilities in education, practice and research.
- Encourage a collaborative research environment among division and medical center faculty.
Pharmacy Practice Goals:
- Sustain and expand state-of-the-art patient care services and reimbursement for cognitive services at affiliated sites consistent with the needs of the site, the needs of the students, and the responsibility of the faculty.
- Increase the number, diversity, and quality of professional training sites
- Enhance partnerships with practice sites, pharmaceutical industry and professional organizations which contribute to patient care and enhance educational, research and scholarship opportunities of the College of Pharmacy.
Relationship with the College of Pharmacy Mission and Goals
In addition to the above Goals for the Division of Pharmacy Practice, the College has a Strategic Plan. Periodically the College strategic plan will be updated necessitating review and revision of the Division of Pharmacy Practice Mission and Goals.