Welcome to our programs in Cosmetic Science, an interdisciplinary science program providing opportunities to develop professional skills and fundamental concepts driving cosmetic science. Started in 1973, our Master of Science in Cosmetic Science is now globally recognized as one of the oldest graduate programs in the country. Our innovative programs help prepare students today to gain knowledge of cosmetic science that help them develop as industry leaders for tomorrow.
The graduate program in the James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy at the University of Cincinnati aims to train students who will become the future leaders in Cosmetic Science. We offer both a Graduate Certificate (GC) and our nationally-acclaimed Master of Science (MS) in Cosmetic Science online to part-time and full-time students. We also offer the conventional thesis-based MS and PhD degrees in Pharmaceutical Science with emphasis in Cosmetic Science.
- Online Master of Science (MS) in Cosmetic Science: Capstone-based MS degree (30 credit hours, online)
- Online Graduate Certificate (GC) in Cosmetic Science: 12 credit hours covering skin and hair science as well as formulation science (online)
- On-Site MS and PhD degrees: Conventional thesis-based MS and PhD degrees in Pharmaceutical Science with emphasis in Cosmetic Science (on-site at the University of Cincinnati). For more details, see Biomembrane Sciences track of Research Intensive MS-PhD program.
- BS-MS (4+1) Program: BS-MS dual degree program with BS in Chemistry or Biology from the University of Cincinnati College of Arts & Sciences and MS in Cosmetic Science from James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy (BS on-site/ MS online)
- The online courses are also available to non-matriculated students who have not applied for acceptance into the GC or MS programs (a maximum of six (6) semester credit hours may be transferred to either program upon matriculation). The admissions criteria for such courses will be similar to that for the Graduate Certificate program.