The Winkle College of Pharmacy is organized into three main areas: Office of the Dean, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, and the Division of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences.
The Office of the Dean is responsible for all administrative, business, research, and academic functions of the college.
The mission of the Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences is to advance the state of knowledge in the pharmaceutical sciences while providing the highest level of instruction in the basic pharmaceutical sciences in synchrony with the professional practice component of the curriculum. The Division and its faculty are committed to sustaining a high profile in the areas of sponsored research and scholarly activity. The Division actively supports graduate education that leads to advanced degrees in the pharmaceutical sciences in order to provide highly trained individuals for the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and personal care industries, government agencies, and academia.
The Division of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences central mission is to promote and advance knowledge and skills in professional education, research and scholarship, and pharmacy practice. The division will achieve excellence in the professional education of individuals who, as pharmacists, will be able to meet both present and future health care needs. The Division will provide leadership in the development and implementation of innovative practice models that meet the needs of patients, health care practitioners, and society. It will also strive to provide service to the profession and the community. The Division will contribute to the expansion of professional and scientific knowledge through scholarly accomplishments.
Learn More About Our College
History of Our College
The Cincinnati College of Pharmacy was the first college of pharmacy established west of the Alleghenies.
It was granted a charter by the Ohio Legislature in 1850 and operated as a private college until July 1954 when it became an integral part of the University of Cincinnati.
In 1967 the College of Pharmacy became a unit of the University of Cincinnati Academic Health Center, along with the College of Medicine, College of Nursing, University Hospital, Christian R. Holmes Hospital, and the Health Sciences Library.
In 2000 a fourth College, the College of Allied Health Sciences joined the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. The College occupies newly remodeled space in the Health Professions Building and Wherry Hall.
On June 6, 2007 the University of Cincinnati (UC) College of Pharmacy changed its name to the James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy. The college is only the second in UC's history to be named.
The name change honors Jim Winkle's pledge of $10 million to his alma mater from his estate or trust. A Hamilton, Ohio, resident who graduated from the college in 1958, Winkle made the donation in 2005, but at his request his support was not publicly acknowledged 2007.
- Interim Dean: Pamela Heaton
- Associate To: Melanie Fulton
- Associate Dean Professional Education & Assessment: Brad Hein
- Director IPE, Co-Curricular Coordinator: Jill Boone
- Director, Experiential Prog IPPE Coordinator: Micheal Doherty
- Director Skills Lab: Micheal Hegener
- Director of Continuing Pharmacy Education: Karissa Kim
- Associate Director, Academic: Laura Carnaghi
- Software Applications Developer: John Lawson
- Computer User Support Specialist Sr.: Nick Lotts
- Instructional Designer: Joey Lyon
- Associate Dean of Research & Innovation: Bingfang Yan
- Associate Director Academic, Grad Prog: Corey Bjarnson
- Grant Admin 2: Kaneisha Edwards
- Associate Dean Student and Alumni Affairs: Kelly Epplen
- Associate Director Academic, PharmD: Corrine Sams
- Assistant Director Admissions: Lindsey Sturm
- Director of Business Affairs: Sara Lehew
- Front Desk Receptionist: Student Workers
- Financial Administrator 2: Kelly Ayres
- Division Chair Pharmacy Practice & Administrative Sciences: Jill Boone
- Division Chair Pharmaceutical Sciences: Pankaj Desai
- Coordinator Special Proj/Programs: Ashley Waller
- Director Equity and Inclusion: Pat Achoe
- Senior Director Development: Matt Pearce
- Associate Director Alumni Affairs: Bri Coggins